Sunday, April 10, 2011

Gift Tags

Vintage Inspired Tea/Coffee Stained Gift Tags


These are great for gift giving just as they are! Smells wonderful and so does the inside of the microwave!

I absolutely love making everything homemade. My gifts to people, jewelry, cards, notebooks, accessories, decorations, art, bags, candles, purses, and soap. It endless to me. Every week something seem to always inspire me to learn something new. I love trying new things. So when I came across this new way of making vintage looking gift tags I fell right in love.


How to make Vintage Gift Tags


Tea Staining:

  1. Boil tea bags for 20 minutes until the water is dark.  
  2. Remove the pan from stove and allow tea to cool for 10 minutes.
  3. Place the paper in pan for 30 to 45 minutes.
  4. Remove the paper with tongs and sprinkle with cinnamon. 
  5. Let dry on a cooling rack until dry. For quick drying place tags on plate on paper towel and put in microwave for 45 seconds. Continue till paper is dry.

 Coffee Staining:

  1. Scoop some instant coffee granules into a bowl and add water, creating a heavy mix of water and coffee that is almost like an espresso.
  2. Place the paper in pan for 30 to 45 minutes
  3. Remove the paper with tongs and sprinkle with cinnamon.
  4. Let dry over night or for quick drying place tags on plate on paper towel and put in microwave for 45 seconds. Continue till paper is dry.


Later this week I will be posting my coffee stained tags on ETSY.

No comments:

Post a Comment